Just as Jesus Christ welcomed children with open arms, so BLCC is committed to teaching and caring for people of all ages. BLCC has a vibrant children's ministry, and Sunday mornings and evenings are bustling with activity. With classes and clubs designed to encourage and come alongside parents in teaching children about Jesus, we have the following goals for the children of our church:
- That they would know and love Jesus as their Savior.
- That they would have an awe and wonder of our amazing God.
- That they would know and love His Word, the Bible.
- That they would understand God’s plan of redemption, and their place in it.
- That they would grow into men and women of God who will perpetuate these goals for future generations.
To this end, we do three things:
- We carefully select curriculum that is God-focused, rather than man-focused. We draw primarily from Children Desiring God and Great Commission Publications.
- We encourage Bible memorization in Sunday School and Sunday evening clubs.
- We pray for the children, asking the Holy Spirit to work in their hearts.
Our children's programs include:
Sunday School classes for age 2 through 6th grade are offered each week from 8:45-10:00 a.m.
For children from age 3 through 3rd grade, children's church takes place during the worship service. Children in kindergarten through 3rd grade attend worship with their parents until the sermon begins, at which point they are dismissed to children's church. (Children are welcome to sit with their parents during the entire service if you prefer.)
Nursery is available for children 2 years of age and under during Sunday School, worship, and evening prayer.
Sunday Evening Clubs
Sunday evening clubs, including Pioneer Clubs for girls and Christian Service Brigade for boys, each for grades 1-6, plus a class for 2 & 3 year olds, and a Pre-K/Kindergarten class for 4 & 5 year olds are offered on Sunday evenings during Sunday evening prayer.
For the safety of all children, our Child Protection Policy requires all teachers, helpers, and nursery workers over the age of 18 to submit background criminal and child abuse checks.